- 2 to 4 pounds of thawed wings.
- 1.5 to 2 heaping teaspoons of baking powder (DO NOT use baking soda!).
- 1 tsp garlic salt.
- Thaw and pat dry the wings.
- Preheat oven to 250F/120C.
- In a large freezer bag mix the wings, baking powder, and garlic salt. Shake well until wings are equally covered.
- Space the wings out evenly over a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Put wings in the oven for 30 minutes on 250F/120C.
- At the end of 30 minutes leave the wings in the oven, but bump the heat up to 425F/220C and set the timer for another 30 minutes.
- At the end of 30 minutes on the increased temperature, remove the wings from the oven and flip them.
- Put the wings back in the oven for an additional 30 minutes at 425F/220C.
- Remove the wings from the oven and allow them to rest for 5 - 10 minutes. Even with oil the wings will stick to the baking sheet, but peel off nicely after resting for a few minutes.
- Place wings in a bowl with a generous amount of your favorite sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve with celery and ranch or blue cheese!